Monday, July 11, 2011

Spring, 1982

The very earliest time that I can recall seeing or remembering anything. I was not even 1 at the time. Scientists say your first memories are during the ages between 2-4.  Why do I remember at such a young age? It is a mystery, although my mother told me there is a video that depicts what I envisioned. As for this memory, I remember my great grandmother who was sitting by the kotatsu (traditional Japanese heating table). I remember a red plastic net, flowers, and the color brown. When I told this to my mother, she said we have a video of my first visit to Japan. This visit was also the first and last time I saw my great grandmother. I have yet to see this video since it's an 8mm tape and I don't own a player capable of playing such tapes. As for the net, it was a plastic net to hold fruits in. The flowers I saw were my great grandmothers apron. She apparently wore an apron with flowers all the time. When I visited Japan, my great grandmother basically watch over me while the rest of the family was busy. Maybe that's why I have this strong visual memory. Either way, this occasion was my first sign at life through my own eyes.

Everyone is different. There are no two exact replicas of a human being (aside from cloning, which doesn't count). We envision life differently as we are supposed to control our minds to create a pathway. Every step we take, every decision we make changes this path. I also think like this because I consider myself a realist. I tried religion, but it wasn't me. I sometimes think that believing in some form or type, can actually help, but more importantly, it is my decision, my mind, in which I control, that leads to the path I would like to have. To have this path, I believe what I have seen so far has lead me to where I am now, good or bad.

Note: My intention for writing these posts is not only to publicize my thoughts but also to improve on my writing skills as I probably do not have a great one. One of my goals in life is to be able to write an autobiography so that my future children and grandchildren will not forget the value of family and life. As I do not recall much of my families history, I value and cherish every moment of my life to make sure that what I learned will hopefully be passed along to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment